Which cell component synthesizes lysosomes?
(A.) Cell membrane
(B.) Golgi complex
(D.) Endoplasmic reticulum
Mini Boards Reviews for the National + Local Anesthesia Dental Hygiene Boards!
Answer: (B.) Golgi complex
Eukaryotes or normal cells are composed the following:
- Golgi complex: stack of sacs that packages and distributes proteins out of the cell. The complex also synthesizes lysosomal cells, which break down the foreign substances through a process called phagocytosis.
- Cell membrane: surrounds and protects the cells.
- Cytoplasm: aqueous substance that holds organelles within the cell.
- Endoplasmic reticulum: contains a network of membranes and spaces.
- Nucleus: contains reproductive information.
- Mitochondria: produces energy for the cell.
Want to prepare for your National Dental Hygiene Boards (NBDHE or NDHCE)
Want to prepare for the Local Anesthesia Board Examination (WREB or CDCA)? Only $49!
Want to see if StudentRDH works for you? Get ONE chapter for FREE, then decide!
(Disclaimer: StudentRDH is NOT affiliated with the NBDHE, NDHCE, CSCE, CDCA, WREB.)